January 11, 2012

Off and Running

I thought I was doing really well. I came back from vacation with all sorts of energy and resolve and plans, and I was hanging in there. Then some stuff happened, and I am suddenly feeling overwhelmed and like I need another vacation. I don't think it's any one thing, just a combination of things, none of which I have time to write about right now. I am just going to make bullet points, and try to come back to them later.

  • cat is gone, dog won't leave - she howls all night long, making sleep impossible
  • crazy busy at work, which is a good thing
  • crazy busy at church, which is supposed to be good but is stressing me out
  • list of personal tasks/errands grows faster than I can find time to get them done
  • I have a potential writing gig which is very cool, but frustrating that I can't dedicate more time to it right now
  • enthusiasm for the gift basket project is dwindling, but I am sort of committed to it now
  • a member of my TM group just passed away very suddenly
I keep thinking if I can just get through January and February, everything always looks better in the spring. If I can maneuver a day off for opening day at the races, that might work OK too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment