April 19, 2013

Questionable Behavior

I have been meaning to post about a recurring subconscious dream that goes something like this:

Out of the blue, this guy I used to know calls me and tells me that his wife has filed for divorce. I don't say anything until he prompts me to say something. I tell him of course I am very sorry to hear it, and ask if he is doing OK. He says "yeah, but you're not going to be as nice when you hear the rest". At this point, I say the other thing I have been wanting to say, which is "am I going to be subpoenaed?". He doesn't reply, so I ask what it is I should say. He says, "Just tell the truth". At this point I wake up, because I have no idea what the truth would be in that situation.

The other junk on my mind the last couple of weeks fits also fits under the heading of Questionable Behavior:

I hit the %^$#ing neighbor kid with a baseball bat. Oh, chill, it's a foam practice bat, and he moved in front of it as much as I swung it at him.

I took a hydrocodone tablet when an aspirin would have done the job because I was too lazy to look for an aspirin.

I started looking for a job again. On work time. On my boss's computer.

And my six year-old's teacher called to say he had told her to "Shut up, you son-of-a-...". Really not sure where that one came from. I don't talk like that and I don't allow my kids to talk like that, or watch shows with that kind of language.

OK, I'll behave now.

No comments:

Post a Comment