February 5, 2013

Monday Blues



Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Karen Carpenter's death. I wouldn't say I was a fan of the Carpenters, but I do remember most of their songs from when I was a kid. Plus, yesterday was Monday, and it was rainy. And I was feeling a little out of sorts.

Someone whom I admire very much discovered she has a brain tumor, and will need surgery as soon as possible. The doctors do not believe it is cancerous, but I am feeling really apprehensive. We made cards and pictures for her last night for FHE. B made a graphic picture of someone digging a tumor out of her wide-open head. I wrote her a letter telling her why she is my inspiration.

On a lighter note, the new cat is coming out of hiding more often and for longer periods. For his part, the dog is learning a little restraint. The cat's name is Oreo. He is neither black nor white, nor does he resemble an Oreo in any other way. He actually looks like a less fluffy, slightly less evil version of this:


http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/929jackfm.com/files/2013/01/grumpy-cat-facebook.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment