June 23, 2011

Always Waiting

I am uh-zaaasted, as B used to say. This trip to DC was a disaster in the making from the beginning. We waited until the last minute to commit to going, then even later to decide when I would return for sure. (There was a not-so-remote possibility that L would join me for the end of the week so we could check out the possibility of moving to Maryland. That is still a slight possibility, but it won't be decided this week.)

It's OK that I didn't have to have a personal life for a couple of days because work took up all of my time. The meetings themselves were mostly alright, but the planning was terrible. Then of course the return flight, which was where things fell apart. Between weather, overbooking and unexplained cancellations, I ended up getting home about midnight last night. It could have been worse (at one point they had me hopping all over the country and getting home sometime today), but the Delta people were very nice and only a couple of passengers were not. I sat next to a very interesting guy, my luggage made it home, hell, I made it home, so it all worked out in the end.

Today will be an easier day and tonight I will see my kids again before another crazy weekend with too many obligations. By next week life will get back to our version of normal, with maybe even time to acknowledge my 20th wedding anniversary, which falls sometime in the middle of all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment