October 16, 2011

So...Tired

I am so tired it is ridiculous, but I have one more week to go before I get a bit of a break.

Every year, I coordinate a conference for about 650 people. My colleague and I do everything, literally everything, between us with the exception a few small tasks. So anyway, her organization lost their funding and she found another job, which is fortunate for her. It sucks for me though, because even though my organization received two new grants, we didn't hire anyone new.

That means that since July, I have been single-handedly responsible for everything to do with the conference. Sure, Pam helped as much as she could on the tasks she always did. And I did as much as possible in advance and have arranged volunteers for as many tasks as possible. But the last two weeks before the event, and the event itself, are always busy and stressful anyway. This year is worse.

I asked my husband if I seemed more stressed than in previous years, and he said most definitely.The way he said it was almost like he was relieved that I had acknowledged it first, as if he was afraid to mention it. He was so sweet, and said I can tell you are stressed, and I hate that I can't do anything to help. He's right, because unfortunately, my in-laws schedule is such that they are not going to be available to help with the kids, which means he is not going to get to come to HS for the extra day on the weekend.

I had hoped to stay an extra day after the conference, because HS this time of year is fantastic. Plus, we could really use a break. The last year and a half of been terrible for us, but that's another topic. Things are looking some better now, and a break from everyday life will be welcome, even if it is just me.

So, headed to bed now, in spite of the work I didn't finish, and headed to HS on Tuesday morning. I plan to enjoy it the best that I can, if it doesn't kill me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment