October 28, 2011

Taking a Break

Weird - After an incredibly busy month, life is settling back down to merely hectic. I still have a lot going on, and no real break for awhile (I was hoping for a personal weekend, which is not looking likely for another month), but it is mostly family stuff or something I brought on myself. The weird part is that now that I have a little time, I am at a loss. I had time to watch TV last night and I watched baseball of all things. True, it was a good game, but not something I would normally watch. I have time to blog, and nothing to blog about except my crazy schedule.

I have been blogging pretty regularly for awhile, but now I am thinking that maybe I need to take a break from it. Looking back over it, it hasn't amounted to much anyway. If I want to write seriously, then I should be doing more of that. If I want to keep a journal about personal stuff, I can do that. But this thing I have been doing is not working. What was meant to be an authentic attempt at observation and reflection has turned into a lot of pathetic navel-gazing and false angst. Plus the whole idea of laying my personal thoughts, as unoriginal as they are, out there for review is a little creepy for a blog that is in that state between public and completely private.

I may change my mind. The next time I have a wild dream, the next time I have a random thought I can't shake, the next time I have a pithy comment, I may write. Then again, none of those things has happened in a while, so maybe I won't.

And one last phrase of the day that wouldn't fit in the list:
Fuck you and the mid-size sedan you drove in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment