August 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me, 2013

Actually, my birthday was not much to speak of, but that's OK. I am old enough now that birthdays are not the big deal they were when I was younger. Overall a good weekend though.

Friday night both boys were sleeping over at a friend's house, so L and I had "girls' night", which consisted of taking her to McDonald's and then the store to pick out a new outfit for school.

Saturday was drizzling rain all day, so mostly we stayed inside and didn't do much. I did get the last of the carpet pulled up, but it's still inside because I didn't want it to get water-logged before trash pick up. Also put away some of the stuff out of the boxes that were in the big cabinet and found homes for more junk. Next week I am taking some time off. While I probably won't be starting any new projects, I am hoping to wrap up a few before school starts the following week.

Yesterday we went to a pool party for the daughter of a friend. This makes two years in a row that I spent my birthday at her party :) But it was fun. The kids swam and played while the adults hung out and drank beer. We left about the time it started raining again, and everyone was tired, so the drive home seemed much longer than the drive there. Then we stopped to pick up pizza. We ended up getting it free because it took forever. Apparently one of the delivery drivers was robbed and the staff was behind, but instead of just telling us that, they tried to fit our order in between giving statements to the police. I don't think we live in the kind of place were the pizza guy gets robbed, so that IS a little weird.

Today is back to work. And I just got a call from the people interviewed with last week, so I need to quit with the self-indulgent blogging and send references :)

No comments:

Post a Comment