August 2, 2013

Week in Review

Monday -drama
Tuesday - drama
Wednesday - drama plus a sudden downpour resulting in downed trees and ruined shoes
Thursday - job interview, football parents' meeting
Friday - OMG, there's no drama!! where the hell is all the drama? I want my draaa ma!!!
Saturday - no drama in the forecast, but you know how drama works, so...
Sunday - birthday party

In between the whining, weather and craziness, I did manage to get conference brochures mailed, prep my stuff and drop it off for the consignment sale, go grocery shopping, have several good conversations with B and finally put away laundry.

Also managed to avoid the grand opening of our new (first) Wal-Mart, which is considered the most exciting thing to happen in our town since the last tornado. At some point this weekend, I will probably end up there to do some sales tax-free school shopping, but I will not be nearly as excited as the multitudes there this morning and subsequently posting on FB about it.

Also need to get the twins signed up for soccer, but that should be easy enough. The party on Sunday will be very laid back, so maybe I can have a relaxing weekend. Then Monday will be the first day of 6:30 a.m. football practice. They can't do two-a-days, so they will be practicing for 4 hours. Fun!

And a final note of drama - according to my oldest son (who nev-ver engages in drama, oh no), our neighbors are "preppers", who have made it possible to flip their concrete slab driveway up onto their (POS) car port (without crushing it or the "only" four people it takes to pull this feat off), and latch it (using magic latches that attach to concrete) in case of, "you know, a zombie apocalypse or something". Tell me that kid is not smoking something!

OK, back to work. Gotta finish up so I can leave early to get a new driver's license. Crossing my fingers this one doesn't look like a mug shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment