August 20, 2013

Seasonal News

Summer is officially over. Saturday was probably the last trip to the lake for this year, and yesterday was the first day of school. (It did not go well, BTW. We'll get in a routine eventually. I promise.)

Yesterday I also talked with SJ about my new job offer. She was very cool about it, which is a relief. Now to see if the new place is willing to delay my official start for a month until after the conference. I hope it works out, as the new gig will be good for our family, I think.

Weather is definitely fall weather. Would be nice to have a bit more time off while it lasts, as I am definitely on a home improvement roll! Got the possum belly cabinet stripped and refinished. Still need to reassemble it, but was waiting for the finish to cure. It looks great with the new top even if it is just sitting on there. Also got lots of pictures and décor hung up, light fixture (1 of 2, but still...) and ceiling fan installed (very cool) and stuff just generally arranged and organized. Still have several half-finished projects and the big cabinet to tackle, but I am finally making some noticeable progress.

In other random news, B got bands added to braces, is NOT playing football (lo-ong but familiar story) and I picked up my new glasses today. I may drive your grandma's Buick, but my eyewear is stylin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment