May 13, 2010

Go-Gator

The carnival is in town for the night.  It doesn't usually hang around for the weekend, so we'll probably miss it.  Kind of a bummer, 'cause the twins are about the right age to ride the Go-Gator.  B lo-oved the Go-Gator when he was their age.  He mastered the art of exiting and getting right back on before I or the ride operator could catch him.  If the operator figured out what was going on, he'd give me a wink and we'd let him ride a few times, and I'd hand over a stack of tickets when I thought he'd had enough.

The funny thing is, I'd already decided that today had been a Go-Gator kind of day before I even realized the carnival was here.  I spent most of my work day chatting with "him".  Thinking back over the conversation we'd had, I compared today's rollercoaster ride to the Go-Gator - nice and easy, a few gentle ups and downs, but no jolts to the system, no sudden starts or stops.  All in all, a few body parts fluttered, but not in a make-you-lose-your-lemonade kind of way.

Oh, the Go-Gator.  The perfect ride for three-year olds and middle-aged soccer moms looking for a cheap thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment