June 11, 2010

Either Will Do

Came across this blog a few days ago.  Among the many very interesting stories about how people lost their virginity was one from a young man who focused specifically on the difference between sex and intimacy. Had sort of been thinking about this in that same but different way already, but then I really started thinking about it. Still thinking about it, in fact. Without elaborating, or sharing a specific anecdote, the basic points are these:

~ Sex with intimacy is probably the ideal, physically, morally, psychologically, etc.
~ Sex with intimacy is just one of many kinds of sex. While there may not be as many types of sex as there are Eskimo words for snow, I can think of more than a few ;-)
~ It is entirely possible to have one without the other. This is fine too, if both of you are honest about what you are looking for.
~ I have settled for one when I was looking for the other.That's kind of pathetic, but not as pathetic as having to ask for what you want, or asking for what you want and still not getting it.
~ Intimacy for the sake of intimacy can be amazing in it's own way. You can miss it just as much as physical sex when you don't get it. Maybe more.

I may very well add to this post. I know I will continue thinking about it, at least until I get one or the other. I will take whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment