December 6, 2010

Minor Chips and Cracks

I dreamt I got a manicure. At a bar. From a woman my dad knew. It turned out surprisingly well, all things considered.

Other than the odd dream, I slept OK. I used to think I didn't sleep well when I was preoccupied with things. Now I think I sleep to avoid things I don't want to deal with. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of maintaining some sense of normalcy. Something that happened yesterday made me realize I am closer to the breaking point than I maybe realized.

I did that thing I REALLY HATE, where I got emotional in front of someone when I would have preferred to keep the conversation less personal. More annoying, I felt the need to apologize even though she was the one who kept poking into my business.

Then I went home, where I went to bed at the first possible minute and slept the sleep of someone who prefers dreams to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment