September 22, 2011

Oh Come On

I do my fair share of whining and self-pitying, but I also recognize that in the grand scheme of things I don't have it so bad. I have enough of what I need, most of the time, with few exceptions. But every once in a while it would be nice to have something I just want, just because. I don't feel any sense of entitlement other than to have a fair chance. I am basically pragmatic, and try to stop short of being downright cynical. I know I probably won't win the lottery, but could I please just catch a break once in a while? Could something not get lost or broken until I was ready to replace it? Could I get a GOOD surprise once in awhile? Could I have something, anything, turn out the way I expected? For example, I don't expect the a-hole who took my new bicycle to return it, but could I least have a dog that would actually keep someone besides the pizza guy out of my yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment