November 15, 2011

Trifecta!

I know, I swore I wasn't going to write about Him anymore, but I have to because I think I have finally conquered the trifecta! No, I didn't win big at the track, but I did, to quote dictionary.com, accomplish something involving three successful outcomes.

For way too long, I moped around about a guy I used to know, for reasons I can't (OK, don't want to) explain. What I do know is that certain events or conditions triggered thoughts of him that usually led to extra whining and bad judgement on my part.

But the other night, when the kids kept repeatedly choosing that song while playing Dance Dance Revolution, I realized that while I was annoyed by the repetition, the actual song didn't make me feel so pitiful. Then Friday, when I was feeling sorry for myself, the person I thought to call first was not him. After a little more thought, I realized that I had also avoided the third trigger, which involves alcohol.

Yeah, I know, managing not to text a certain someone or go into a funk every time I am feeling hormonal, or buzzed, or just extra wussy isn't exactly a "success", but it does mean now I can seriously get my groove on the next time I play DDR. Now if it only included the stripper song!

No comments:

Post a Comment