December 1, 2011

Content Warning

Seriously, do not read this post if you are squeamish.

I may be taking off work for a funeral tomorrow. The husband of a friend of L's killed himself. At home. In front of her and two of her teenage sons. After he closed his three young daughters in their room.

L hasn't decided if he wants to go to the funeral or not. He is so furious and sick about the whole thing that he is afraid he won't be able to say anything helpful for Michelle. I feel for Michelle too, and for the boys, and I know this will be hard for them. Even though I do not consider her a friend exactly, I wish there was something I could do or say to make this time easier for her.

For some reason though, I hurt the most for three little girls I have never even met. When they came out of their room, hours later, they were taken to another house, where they have been all week. They'll return home when they're ready. There they will find everything like it was before, because the house has been cleaned by a professional crime scene clean up crew. Only their dad won't be there any more. And they can't go to their mom, because apparently she has mental problems. And Michelle is their best hope.

What can I say that would possibly make this better for anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment