July 7, 2013

I Needed a Holiday

So the last couple of months at work have been muy stressful. I had a job interview that seemed pretty promising, but I haven't heard anything else from them. But after a couple of days off with the family, I am feeling much better.

Wednesday night I dropped the kids off at grandma's and headed to Memphis. Spent the 4th in Tunica playing black jack and craps. Didn't come out ahead, but we spent most of the day there, had a great time, and didn't lose more than allowed. Headed back to Memphis, where we watched the fireworks over the river. Friday I came home, finished painting the boys' room, and then took the kids to the lake, where we swam, dived off the cliffs, and watched more fireworks. Yesterday we put the boys' furniture back in their room and rearranged some stuff so the house no longer looks like a work zone. Today was church, time with cousins, and getting started on taxes, finally. Tomorrow the new car will be done and delivered. All in all, I had a better, more productive weekend than I have had in the last month.

Football practice starts tomorrow, so B will have less time to fill, which is good for the both of us. The kids are really liking camp and getting to be better swimmers. The weather has been very nice (the same lack of humidity that let the paint dry quickly has made it very comfortable) so working on projects has been enjoyable. I am hoping to get a lot done this week and weekend before family stuff gets here. We'll have two weekends of family activities at the same time work gets nutty again, but maybe the mellowness of this little break will hold me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment