August 3, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Capitol

Actually, three things of note happened on the trip to DC -

  1. I was subjected to a “random pat down”. I panicked a little, but only because I was cutting it close on my boarding time. It went quickly, and I made my flight. Might be traumatic if it happens very often though.
  2. I heard a cute joke: A chicken and an egg are lying side by side. The chicken is smoking, and the egg looks pissed. The egg says “Well, I guess that answers the question of which of us came first”.
  3. I was reading the in-flight magazine that featured western locations. An ad for a restaurant that served rustic gourmet specialties included this description for Rocky Mountain Oysters: the remnants of the process of turning a bull into a steer – tastes like chicken. That’s a fancy way of saying bull testicles – and yes, they do taste like chicken.
Today was mostly business. The only slightly funny thing that happened was that I caught a guy checking out the butt of someone about half his age. He was old, she was attractive, it was sort of amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment