March 10, 2010

Dreams, Birds and Waffles

Yesterday I woke up 4:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.  Went to bed last night so tired I couldn't think of anything except how annoyed I was.

Today I woke up to the sounds of thousands of birds in the trees across the street and a head full of random thoughts again.

Yesterday someone told me he had a dream about me.  Interesting, not sure what to make of it yet.  It reminded me that I haven't had a dream I can remember in awhile either.  Usually I get fractured sleep, waking up to two-legged and four-legged family members coming and going, until it catches up and I have one of those nights where I sleep so soundly that nothing wakes me.

B is gone, hair as wild as ever.  I sprayed it with water and finger-combed it to get it damp so he could "fix" it before he left.  It was sticking out all over and I said "This actually looks kind of cool".  He said, trying to be funny "Your cool is the new lame".  Ha Ha.  But he left for the bus with it looking pretty much like I had put it.  He looked a lot like me in my Robert Smith phase, only with brown hair not black and no make-up.

He wants to wait until spring break to get a hair cut.  I have been OK with this, because I thought he might want an actual style if he grew it out long enough.  We have waited long enough that baseball season is here, so I suspect we will end up going with the classic southern summer cut, as always.

Stuff I can do today:  look up who sings the song "Give a Little Bit", and see if I can learn about the different kinds of doves.  The arrival of the birds made me realize I haven't seen our doves in a while.  They come and go, sometimes so infrequently that I have almost forgotten about them.  I probably won't be aware of them again until after the noisy birds have gone, because I usually notice their soft cooing first, followed by a glimpse of one, then a look around for the second to reassure myself that they are still a pair.

Must also look up the potential cause of a waffle shortage.  I keep telling the kids the store is out of waffles.  Pretty sure B at least thinks I have just forgotten them again.  But sure enough, at the store last night, there was a little hand-written sign on the glass freezer door that simply said "Sorry, there is a waffle shortage".  Who knew?

Oh, and must find a good picture of Elmo.  More on that in another post.  Likewise with the caffeine intake, but on a day when I am not counting on it to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment