May 16, 2011

Ah, Monday

My knees are killing me, but that's OK. It's because I took my new bike for a spin yesterday and they are complaining about it. It's a nice bike - a 15-speed trail bike that gave me a good workout for an hour ride. Hope to be able to ride again soon and often.

Busy week again this week. The twins spent the night at grandma's with cousin, will see them tonight in time for baseball. B has a game tomorrow night, but will miss Thursday because he will be at Space Camp. I am so excited for him. I hope he enjoys it as much as I think he will.

Today is also band open house. He thinks he want to play the flute. I am torn on this. I played the flute and hated, hated, hated it. But, it was not my instrument of choice. Maybe getting to play the instrument you want is more important, even if it makes your grandpa cringe :) Anyways, I like the idea of him learning to read music and try out different things, so we'll go with it if it's what he wants.

We are also checking out his options for summer. He is probably not doing sailing this year. He likes it and is good at it, but he has reached the point where he needs to be able to go out and sail more than one week a year, and that is not something we can do right now. He is interested in going to film school for kids though. It's a week-long camp where he will learn about scripting, casting and shooting a short film, which will be shown at an independent film festival later in the summer. It's not terribly expensive, and I think he will do really well at it. He is probably also doing advanced swimming lessons until he is old enough to take junior life guard class. He would honestly stay in the water all summer if we would let him.

And on a final note before I get busy with actual work, I saw the most amazing thing in the parking lot on the way in -  A truck with a flat bed trailer containing what appears to be a homemade catapult, complete with a medieval-looking coat-of-arms on either side. It looks like it was probably built by kids, maybe Boy Scouts or something, for a project. Pretty cool, especially if it actually works.

Interesting start to the week following a good weekend. Can this please be a return to "normal"?

No comments:

Post a Comment