May 26, 2011

All Clear

Yesterday I got a call from the school that said "Buses will be delayed due to severe weather. Students may be picked up at the storm shelter on the main campus". Kind of scary to be on the way home, listening to the weather but not knowing what I will find when I get there. Luckily no damage in our area this time. I am still trying to decide which is more distressing-sitting through tornado weather when kids who should be asleep are wide awake and asking a million questions, or not being all together when the sirens go off.

I also don't know which is more sad - the reason my kids' school has a storm shelter at all, that daycare just piles them all in the hallway, or that I just got off the phone from giving away (yes, giving away) this:


No comments:

Post a Comment