August 15, 2011

Football Season is Here!

B is at football again. What a paradox that he is so strong and such a wuss at the same time. How do I know this? One of his knees is cut open from wrestling/football/bike wreck. I was bandaging it so his football pants wouldn't bust it open again. On the back of the same knee, he also got stung by a wasp. The stinger is still in it, and starting to become infected. I was going to treat it and see if I could get the stinger out. He started screaming bloody murder and having a fit. Part of me was trying not to laugh at him for crying about a wasp sting. (In his defense, it is in a sensitive spot and is seriously infected). The other part of me, the part that was leaning over him while he was flopping around, was thinking "my God, this kid is a moose". Other than a developing gut, the kid is all muscle, and he moves fast. I hope this is the side of him that showed up at practice, because he has been trying out at halfback and strong safety. Last year he played offensive and defensive line. This year the coach has decided he is quick enough to play in the backfield. I think this will be a good move - last year his specialty was causing fumbles. I bet he'll be even better when he's not coming off the line to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment