August 21, 2011

Is it any wonder church makes my head hurt?

It's my month to teach Sharing Time. The theme is My Body is a Temple. Yep, me, the formerly pierced, presently unrepentant caffeine drinker, has been teaching the lessons on how we treat our bodies. The lesson on dressing modestly and not having tattoos or piercings went OK, because I showed the kids all of the places I had let piercings close over because I decided they weren't that cool after all. For today's lesson on the Word of Wisdom, I cleverly diverted their attention to the scripture that mentions health in the navel by cracking jokes about God wanting us to have a healthy belly button and not giving B time to point out that I drink coffee.Next week's lesson is on listening to good music and reading good books. The most stressful thing about that will be that we will have visitors there to observe and report.

Also got new visiting teaching assignments today. I only have four people on my list. One of them is the very same person who recently unfriended me on Facebook. I will have to explain to my partner at some point why I found this sort of amusing. 

I do have a bit of a headache though. I think it's partly because I have a sinus thing going on, and partly because I really don't drink as much caffeine on Sundays. Yeah, I know, add this to the list of things that I am a total hypocrite about.

No comments:

Post a Comment