April 24, 2010

Am I Paranoid?

Writers' group was kind of lame today, but I had interesting side conversations with a couple of other people, so not a total waste of time.

Driving home from writers' group, I took the I-430 bridge across the river.  Right as the road left dry land and became a bridge, I saw a little yellow blob on the shoulder.  As I passed it, I saw that it was a hard hat.  Might have just wondered at how it got there, except this is the same bridge where a few years ago three men were in a crane accident.  They fell into the river and were missing for a long time before their bodies were recovered.  My first thought was the hope something similar hadn't happened.  I suppose I might also look up the details of the accident to see if I am remembering correctly.

Crossing the parking lot to get lunch, a car slowed and the driver motioned for me to pass.  I am always self-conscious of crossing in traffic because I worry that I don't walk quickly enough since my knee surgeries.  Paranoia is only heightened when I realize that the car I thought had stopped for me is slowly easing forward the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment