April 25, 2011

Moderation My Eye, It's Been All or Nothing

Yesterday was a day of excess, in the best kind of way -
  • It was my turn for Sharing Time, so I did an Easter lesson, twice.
  • Hid and hunted for seven dozen Easter eggs, two and a half times (side note: I knew we hadn't found all of the eggs, but the kids had lost interest. I made sure no one had stuck one in a tailpipe, and then we quit. The dog will find the rest.).
  • At this point there were only nine eggs that hadn't been touched and three preschoolers who needed something else to do. So we dyed eggs. Then stamped and painted on them. Then stuck every sticker we could find on them. Then, since most of them had been dropped at least once, we peeled them and ate them.
  • Flew kites so high we ran out of string. Didn't quit until we lost Spiderman in the neighbor's tree.
  • Ate/drank so much sugar that it is a wonder I didn't go into a diabetic coma.
  • Watched not one, but four episodes of Rescue Me, trying to get caught up before the final season.
Now to maintain that kind of energy during what is going to be a crazy week of baseball, dentist, work and family in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment