April 28, 2011

WTH to Call This?

I wonder and obsess about all sorts of random things and have been known to babble on about the most inconsequential of these. But there are always a few things that I don't talk about at all. These things are put in their proper place. You know, that place somewhere inside where you tuck away your secrets and hurts and disappointments, behind your scariest hopes and fears, usually deep in your heart or in some recess of your brain.

Today I had to firmly put one of those things back in its place when it dared to poke its head out of the shadows. Using the firmest voice in my head, I told it that while I appreciated it venturing forth when I wished I had someone to talk to, it seemed to make more sense that I find a new friend or interest rather than wondering about one I had lost. It is welcome to wish me goodnight once in awhile as I drift off to sleep, but otherwise it needs to remember to stay in that place where I have put it. You know, that place where you put perfectly polished memories and other things that are better left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment