April 26, 2011

The Spiderman Kite is Gone

The bad news is that the Spiderman kite we lost on Sunday is no longer in the tree and nowhere to be found.

The good news is that is the only thing so far that I have noticed just completely missing. Blown off the porch into the yard or across the driveway, check. Pulled up by the roots and lying across the yard, check. Peeled off the roof and dangling over the side, check. Under three inches of water, check. But missing? Nope, all of our junk seems to be here.

Well, there. I am writing this from my in-law's house where we are spending the day. Our whole town is without power until probably tomorrow. School is cancelled of course, and I rescheduled the dentist. Baseball is also cancelled again because of weather and damage. Will go home long enough to regroup and get the generator going full power, but will probably put off much heavy cleanup until the next round of storms passes.

Thoughts going through my head today include of course gratefulness for minimal damage, but also complete boredom because there isn't much to be done yet except entertain kids and wait it out. I am also tired, just because last night was a long night. One would think that a total absence of light and sound except for the hum of a generator would be soothing, but it wasn't. It was just that feeling of helplessness I hate when I know there must be something more to see and do, but not knowing yet what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment