April 21, 2011

The Word of the Day is "Stupor"

The world is actually a pretty fascinating place, if I pull my head out long enough to notice it. I know this, but it takes something to tap my consciousness once in a while. Today I had it pointed out to me by a relative stranger. My first instinct was to just write him off, but I didn't. Instead, I have had his comment on my mind all day.

He's right about me being in a stupor and needing to just get over myself. I have no problem with him being right. What I am wrestling with is how to deal with it. Ordinarily, I am pretty choosy about who I let get close enough to get away with making statements that blunt and still remain a friend. But I invited this "relationship" and now it's up to me to decide how to proceed.

I need someone who is able to see through my bullshit and call me on it. I am just trying to decide if I am brave enough to accept it or if I am going to back away from what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment