July 27, 2011

Sending an electronic newsletter (which is pretty cool, if I do say so myself) and killing time until my noon meeting, so I thought I would write a quick post about our summer in general. It has actually gone by really fast.

We couldn't afford for B to go to his usual summer program, so he has been going with L some, staying home or with friends once in awhile, and swimming every day. As a compromise, we managed to work in a couple of things to keep him entertained. He went to Space Camp right at the end of the school year, which was apparently awesome. (I still have to get three disposable cameras developed!). He went to church camp at the beginning of the month, where he had a girlfriend! This week, he is here. Actually today is the first day, and I can't wait to hear about it. Friday is my day to take him and I am hoping he has as much fun as I would doing this. He has also spent some time with his grandparents, who have at least one more camping trip planned, and then of course my mom and aunt will be coming right before school starts.

It has been way too hot to do much of anything this summer. I am hoping when my mom is here it is not too hot, but I expect it will be. Most of what we will be doing is indoors, at least, and then I can finish the rest of it on weekends as the weather cools off. I miss working on my house and different projects. Other than Kayce G, I am the only person I know who relaxes by sanding furniture :) I am hoping to take pictures, and plan a post about what I am working on. I won't get to start on it just yet, though. This week will be busy getting ready for RL, Saturday is the film showing, then next week getting ready for a week off.

Anyways, the next couple of weeks will hopefully be the good kind of busy, where I am occupied enough to keep my brain from thinking too much, and have something to show for it when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment