October 22, 2010

I Dreamt of Corn

I have been enjoying a fantastic fall, and glaring at anyone who says it should not be this warm for October. Fall is my favorite time, and I would love for it to last for a whole season like I grew up with instead of the typical two weeks we usually get here.

Headaches persist, but I have been sleeping well. Last night I had a dream that I was hiking. I took a wrong turn, then had to backtrack. I was annoyed because I was supposed to be meeting someone and didn't have time to get lost. Right after I got headed the right way, a huge tree fell right where I had just been. Then the terrain turned from a gravel trail to steep gullies filled with rocks, with everything rushing towards a roaring river. I fell in at one point, and promptly climbed right back out. I seemed determined to get where I was going, wherever that was. The weirdest thing about this dream, besides the fact that falling in the water did not wake me was that there was no sound - no water rushing, no tree crashing, no conversation in the community center through which I took a short cut. I am sure there is some comment I could make about the tree falling in the forest, but I've got nothin'. I am however still trying to make sense of the dream from a couple of nights ago. It featured a prominently displayed plate of creamed corn!?!

Also, mulling over a tongue-in-cheek invitation to compare sexual experiences with an acquaintance from college. I was pretty inexperienced, and probably wouldn't make for much of a comparison. But what precipitated the conversation was the admission that we had an, uhm, mutual (but not exactly similar) experience. I have mostly decent memories of that time in my life, and think I would prefer to remain stubbornly ignorant in case someone else remembers it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment