October 17, 2010

A Whole Lot of Space to Breathe In

All day, I have had the chorus of a song in my head. I was going to post the video of the band, but the whole song didn't really fit my mood. I decided just to stick with the phrase that had got me thinking.

Turns out that was more the mood of the day, just time and space to do nothing but watch too much football (Texans and Steelers-yay, Broncos and Redskins-nay, Saints-not even fun to watch that kind of a blowout, Vikings like a highway accident - gruesome and sad but you can't keep from looking) and poke fun at my neighbors with the five year old that likes to disappear and the 14 year old who just had a baby.

The five year old came into our yard and tried to elude his mom and his big sister. Their dog followed. The mom retrieved the five year old and was headed home, then asked C if she had Jacques (the dog). I had just come around the corner in time to hear C say "He's over here". I asked who she was looking for and she answered "the dog". "Oh, cool" I said. "I thought you lost the new kid already."

I also had time to read my favorite weekly paper, where I found this gem:

If we outlaw masturbation, then only outlaws will masturbate.

Ha Ha. It was a good day, even if the Broncos lost and it only had a mediocre soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment