October 8, 2010

Me, Me, Me

The purpose of this blog was originally to be an outlet for all of the random junk that clutters up my mind: memories or reflections that don't mean anything to other people, things I wish I had said but didn't, strange thoughts that don't exactly lend themselves to conversation, and so on. I kept it private partly because I didn't imagine anyone else being interested, and partly because I liked the idea of being able to express things someplace when no other place seemed right.

Along the way I realized that what is missing is the person or persons who would be interested in my rambling. Some one who didn't already know my every quirk and flaw, someone who was interested in getting to know me better, another person who shared my curiosity about the world, had my sarcastic sense of humor, understood my frustration with life sometimes, or otherwise had something in common with me.

Also along the way I have picked up a couple of occasional readers that I know of, and shared the blog link with a few others. At the same time, blogger added the new page feature. So, in an effort not to have to explain everything to people, I am practicing my blog design skills by adding a page. The page is still just a collection of random thoughts, but they are things that might be helpful to know before jumping into the rest of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment