September 7, 2010

Letter to Him

To My Favorite Rollercoaster Operator:

You tried to tell me that when the end came it should be short and sweet. In my typical fashion, I didn't really listen, except to the parts I wanted to hear. I will try to do better.

I didn't write before now because I wasn't sure what to say. I kept hoping that if I waited long enough, I might not have to say anything at all. Thing is, I am tired of waiting. I have spent too much time thinking "When X happens, then...", or "If Y happens, things will be different". That kind of thinking makes for an interesting conversation, but at the end I am always right back where I started. It works for a rollercoaster ride, but it doesn't work for real life. You know and I know that I will always be looking for something more.

As for you, I hope you find your version of happiness too. I really do. If you get bored waiting for it, I am currently staking out the vacant lot at the edge of town until the next carnival comes through. Seriously, if it turns out to be something you want to talk about, I'll be right here where I always am.

Until then, Mr. Rollercoaster Operator, thanks for the ride. It was fun while it lasted.

Still Your Friend if You Want,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment