September 6, 2010

Odds and Ends

I went to the edge of the world.

OK, not really, but it's a good line, and a nice way of describing the view from Petit Jean Mountain.  We took the bike out for the day yesterday, which we haven't done in a while. It was a great day as far as weather, minimal traffic, and all that.

One of my favorite things about being on the bike is having time to just think and observe. The most interesting things I saw, besides generally nice scenery, were the sculpture garden of repurposed farm implements and the big lady in the little cart being pulled by a pony. Oh, and also the addition of a traffic circle in the middle of nowhere, where it used to be just a three-way intersection. Weird.

Speaking of weird, I also kept thinking of the guys I saw in the park a couple of days ago. Three guys were sword-fighting. With wooden swords and plywood shields. Day off from working at the used game store?

Besides checking out the view, and composing a poem using that opening line, I also had this thought running through my head:

The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off (Gloria Steinem)

No comments:

Post a Comment