September 30, 2010

Oh Henrie

The Henrie family had five boys. Mike, the oldest, who I really don't remember. Greg, who did a few too many drugs and was fun to mess with, but not to take seriously. Gary, who was three years older than me. We wrote while he was on his mission, and went out a couple of times. David, who was a year younger then me. We also went out a couple of times. And Brent, who was a year older than me, and the one I liked the most. My mom used to tease me that I seemed determined to marry a Henrie boy.

I didn't marry Brent, or even come close, but we had a lot of fun. He drove a '76 T-top TransAm, which I loved to ride in. He was a flirt, and a great dancer, and did a good Eddie Murphy impersonation. He was a hugger :) We wrote a few times in college, and then sort of lost touch. My mom runs into him from time to time, and says he always asks about me. I think if I still lived there, our families could probably be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment