September 21, 2010

Mail Bags

Something that happened today prompted me to remember a conversation from a while back. It occurred shortly after my husband lost his job, when I found out this his former boss was accusing me of sending her hate mail:

Me: Why would Michelle think I was sending her hate mail?
L: Because someone is sending her hate mail.
Me: How come you didn't tell me about it (the accusation)?
L: Because I knew it wasn't you.
Me: Cool, thanks. Did you tell her that I it couldn't be me, because if I really hated somebody I wouldn't waste my energy or the price of stamp on their sorry ass?
L: No, I told her it couldn't be you because if it was you, you would have found a way to make her life miserable without her seeing it coming or knowing where it came from.

His assessment isn't exactly accurate, but neither is it completely out of line :) Anyways, something that happened today made me recall that conversation. I wouldn't have that same conversation per se, but if I were still speaking to Him, I might be tempted to ask "Should I ignore her, or is it OK to screw with her head some more, since I have nothing better to do?"

I wouldn't do something like that anyway.  No fun to be had messing with someone who already has issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment