January 3, 2011

Blackbirds, Updated

Ha ha ha. I played hooky from work today to go to Memphis. Even people there were asking about the bird incident, as was a friend from OK. The CNN van was still in town this evening, so when I got home I looked to see if there was anything new to report.

Long story short, they still think it was some kind of trauma as a result of the birds being startled by fireworks and cannon fire. They went on to say that some birds had been sent to another lab for additional testing,but they thought they could rule out poisoning, as well as the weather.

I had to read it twice though. I find the trauma explanation as reasonable as the weather explanation, but I am still cracking up that they mentioned cannon fire and no one seemed to think that part was odd at all. People were quoted as saying it was unlike anything they had ever seen before, possibly a sign of the end times, and what not, but not a single person (besides me?) thought the fact that someone had shot off a freaking cannon was strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment