January 4, 2011

Thoughts

Random Thoughts:

John Elway hired to manage operations for the Denver Broncos? Hmmm
Planning to watch the Sugar Bowl tonight. I have no idea if they are contenders or not, but if they win or even just play a good game, it will be the second most talked about event so far this year.
Still trying to figure out if I am willing to wear the perfume I got for Christmas. I was assured it smelled nice, as if I would know the difference LOL
And I know I said I wasn't going to make any resolutions, but I am going to commit to a couple of goals for the coming year. The list so far includes:

An actual exercise plan. It would be great to delay knee surgery, or at least speed up the recovery if it does come to that.
Better discipline on the writing thing. I am also still on the lookout for a writing partner.
Decide what I want from my job and go about getting it.
Set some specific spiritual goals. Not sure yet about how to phrase it, but will probably be a post of its own.
Reach out more and quit preemptively rejecting people before they reject me or clinging to the few who are as screwed up as I am.

Private Thoughts

With that last sentence, I have to say that the last time I truly reached out to someone it came back to bite me. I sort of withdrew into myself for awhile, and threw myself into work, church and family. That's all well and good, but it's time to quit acting pathetic about my life and do something to either change it or change the way I think about it. I am not sure yet how that will change the frequency or tone of this blog. I would like to be too busy to blog, or write only the kinds of things that would attract enough readers to make it something more than a personal matter. Anyways, in case it comes to the need to separate my truly private thoughts from those I can share somewhat, I have created a secure page for the stuff I don't have to edit or spin before posting. Secretly hoping it amounts to nothing more than a collections of thoughts and ideas I can turn into erotica fiction instead of dwelling on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment