July 27, 2010

Letter to Her

Thanks for your concern, and for your generosity in giving him a choice. Whether he chooses you, I have no idea. I just know he didn't choose me, which actually makes life easier.

I do know that I went into our "relationship" with no expectations and that's how I'm leaving it. We made one agreement and one promise. We agreed that even though we couldn't explain what was going on between us exactly, we were willing to keep exploring it until it didn't make sense anymore. It quit making sense about the time you got involved, which is to be expected. We made a promise that we wouldn't bail on each other without saying a proper goodbye this time.

You say you can't be with somebody who loves someone else. Again, I have no idea about that. But I know that I don't want to be with somebody who would back out on a promise that easily, as if I wouldn't have understood.

So since I didn't get to say it to him, I'll say it to you - Goodbye.

Thanks again for the offer, but he's all yours, because he was never mine.

Your Friend,
Only for as long as it takes to change my identity

No comments:

Post a Comment