July 7, 2010

Stress

I hold my stress in by clenching my teeth. Weird thing is, my teeth aren't what hurt, it's my back right between my upper shoulder blades. I can feel it now, what a stressful couple of weeks it has been.

My cousin Rick has been missing since last Thursday. Local authorities have been searching without success. The National Guard was called, but all they did was make a pass through in a helicopter, and then abandon the search. The search area has been widened, and they have agreed to let civilian search groups join in the effort. They are still operating on the assumption that he fell in the canal. Whether he is in or out at this point, the chances are not looking good.

L got his 3rd and final corrective (I read it. It was a joke). He is not sure when his last day will be, or even if they will give him notice. Because he will be considered terminated, he will lose any accrued vacation. They have also told him they will fight him on unemployment, but he is documenting enough stuff to fight back. In the meantime, he has been doing a ton of research into his business idea. As with anything, it will cost money to make money. I am very stressed about this right now.
 
Amanda wants to be released. I totally understand where she's coming from, but I am pretty sure I am not going to change her mind. From a selfish standpoint, this sucks for me. I like Amanda and do not want to look for a replacement already. At least we are friends and can remain so, but again, it's a little stressful. She is leaving me outnumbered by the crazy lady and her sidekick.

Add to this the stress of other people I care about, stupid people I can't do anything about, and assorted other crap. You wouldn't know I am stressed by looking at me, but you would know it by listening to me. Any stress that doesn't sit squarely on my shoulders comes right back out of my mouth in less than helpful ways, like meaningless babble, your basic whining, or sarcastic criticism. My mouth has mostly stayed shut, at least this week, but my shoulders are killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment